Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Scrumptious Scallops


Hello there! I know, I know, this blog has been collecting proverbial cyber dust for a little while now but I promise, just in case you missed me... I'M BACK with a sauteed, seared and scored vengeance. Today's recipe is a simple one and was the object of my dinner last night, so I consider it well-tested... okay, enough blabbing.... here's the good stuff:

Scrumptious Scallops (serves 1 so double/triple/quadruple accordingly)

Ingredients:
4 wild bay scallops (I said WILD ya hear?)
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon red chili flakes (can adjust for desired spice level)
1/4 cup cajun blackening spice

Directions
1. Clean the scallops and remove muscle, (it's that little boxy-like attachment on the side, peels off easily)
2. In a small saucepan, heat the butter on medium-high heat until fully melted.
3. Simultaneously, combine the salt, pepper, red chili flakes and cajun blackening spice in a bowl.
4. Dip each flat side of the scallop into the spice mixture and place in the saucepan with the butter. Put on timer and cook for 2-3 minutes or until crispy brown.
5. Flip scallops over and sear other side, again cooking 2-3 minutes or until brown.
6. Take off heat and place over bed of freshly sauteed vegetables... think something seasonal... or rice, or anything your culinary heart can think of really.... and that's it! There's enough taste on these babies for them to not even need a sauce. Diet-friendly indeed!

Enjoy :)

As always, leave comments/questions/concerns/LOVE!

Xo,

Organic Eats

3 comments:

  1. This is the second post I see today on scallops and might need to get some at the store! Love the cajun spice added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was craving them last night! So summer-y :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Melissa! Nice to have you posting again :) I love scallops, they have the prettiest shells. Always remind me of the little mermaid!

    ReplyDelete