Monday, January 3, 2011

The Diata Data

Inspired by Alton Brown's admission that he lost weight on a "diata" rather than a diet, (diata is Greek for 'way of life,') I have decided to change my own way of living and eating in this brand spankin' new year. So far, three days in and I'm going strong. I've been documenting my daily food intake over at everydayhealth.com (they have a great free registration to track your meals and weight loss progress.) For instance, here is what I logged in for today: (by all means if this bores you scroll down! Scroll down!)

Breakfast:
Butter - 1 piece (36 cals)
3 Eggs (216 cals)

Lunch:
2 cucumbers (24 cals)
2 tomatoes (44 cals)
Split Pea Soup (166 cals)
1 Sour pickle (3 cals)

Snack:
1 glass whole milk (149 cals)
1 Kiwi (46 cals)
Cashew Nuts (157 cals)

Dinner:
1 Sweet potato (86 cals)
Sea Scallops (96 cals)

Exercise:
Walking - light (-98 cals)
Spinning (-490 cals)

Etc. Etc. Somehow the act of knowing you need to write down everything you've eaten discourages the occasional cheat that would turn into the everyday cheat that would turn into the extra pounds I am currently trying to shake off.... highly recommended for anyone on a post-holidays diet plan!

Anyway, no recipe for today, just wanted to check in with all my bloggie buddies and let you know that I am going to be MUCH more active on this thing in 2011. Recipe coming this week, I promise!

Xo


No comments:

Post a Comment