Thursday, January 6, 2011

Small but Steady: A Transformative Theory

Please excuse the brevity of today's post, I am taking a graduate exam tomorrow morning and I am pressed for time, but, as promised, I will not neglect my dear blog readers! The main thrust of my posting today is inspired by my own (so far seven-day-long) sojourn to a healthier, better version of the me I was in 2010 and the speed bumps I am already experiencing along the way. (Stupidly) I have been weighing myself each morning and was more than a little shocked to discover that I have steadily gained back the 2 pounds I had lost over the course of the past few days. But alas! I resolve to never wade in the mental muck of numbers and instead trudge on towards my 2011 resolution, knowing that my present weight is not a reflection of poor choices but rather of a sloooooow process that I need to be patient with. Trust me, I am doing all I can, eating superbly (if I do say so myself,) and exercising regularly and with full vigor, so I know that I will get there and am doing all I possibly can, just as assuredly as I know that YOU will get there too, you just need the ability to ride out the minor setbacks with calm and cool and the endurance to last you until 2012, when you will be so happy that the changes you set out to conquer--a year-long in the making--are finally, brilliantly, spectacularly realized. I guess this is my little pump-up post to say that I believe I can do it, but more importantly I believe you can do it, so let's get this done together and make 2011 the year of transformation, positive resolution and personal growth.

Okie. And so ends my little inspirational rant. I promise, after tomorrow, back to good recipes and great food!

Xo

As an additional note: Perhaps it is because I am currently studying for a test in which my writing abilities and grammatical know-how will be vigorously tested, but reading the egregious errors in syntax, grammar and word choice committed by some bloggers makes me feel very sad for the future trajectory of the english language. Now don't get me wrong, most blogs I read, (and every blog I follow) are well written and full of lively figurative language, but every once in a while I come across a blog, (and usually a popular blog,) that is so satiated with errors it is almost painful to read. Is it too pretentious of me to hope that blogs become a sphere for creative self-expression, personal knowledge distribution and the striking up of unseemly but productive blogging accords and not the cyber location wherein traditional structure, style and usage of the english language go to die? No? Yes? Oh I've gone too far haven't I. Scratch that last bit! Carry on blogging buddies, carry on....

No comments:

Post a Comment