Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day Off - Who are Your Favorite Food Network Chefs?

Have a day off today, sitting inside on this grey day and doing some work while watching food network. Sort of perfect. Which reminds me, who are your favorite food network chefs/hosts? I've compiled a list with brief explanations, based purely off which shows I enjoy watching the most (as a side note, Nigella Lawson would certainly top this list if her show still aired on the network):

1. Ina Garten - This one is pretty self-explanatory. Her show makes me want to live in East Hampton next door to her garden and be her best friend, not to mention that the food she makes always looks fresh and delicious.
2. Giada DiLaurentiis - There's something very relaxing and easy about the way she cooks. It goes to show that simple, clean flavors can always go a long way.
3. Adam Gertler - Hilarious hilarious hilarious. Also, my (not so secret?) celebrity chef crush.
4. Paula Deen (and the Deen Bros) - She's such a ball of goodness and southern hospitality all wrapped up into one buttery person. Don't you agree y'all?
5. Ted Allen (as host of Chopped) - Not that I particularly care for Ted Allen and his mechanistic personality as host of Chopped, but the show itself has proven to be my favorite on the network in terms of actual watchability and appeal.
6. Alton Brown - Yes, he's sometimes too cheesy and his recipes are always way too complicated to actually replicate in your own kitchen, but it is fascinating to watch him describe the proper way to store asparagus for ten minutes straight using contraptions you could never hope to find in your local grocery store.
7. Ace of Cakes Crew - As a wanna-be hipster, their attitude and style appeals to me and their amazing creations are always fascinating to watch being built from start to incredible finish.
8. The Neelys - Their love is infectious, even if their recipes don't always appeal to my palate.
9. Anne Burrell - She genuinely teaches as she cooks, so it's a refreshing change to have a chef on the network directed for those just starting out in the kitchen who may not have the confidence to tackle a Brown recipe or the finesse to complete one of Ina's.
10. Alex Guarnaschelli - Have only seen her show a few times, but I do like the descriptive (if not sometimes over the top) way she talks about food.

I'm not going to get into my least favorite in the name of positivity, but what's your opinion? Who did I miss, or miss the mark on?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment