Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Guest Recipe! Eggs Mornay

Hi all! Hope the week has been going well. Here is a little mid-week delight for you to try... the recipe comes courtesy of "A Baker's Dozen: Egg Recipes," an online e-cookbook sent to me via the lovely twitterer @victorvsampson. I decided a few days ago to feature guest recipes that I felt would make great summer treats and eats. So now, without further ado... Eggs Mornay! Try it, fry it... hope you enjoy! Also, if you have any great recipes you'd like me to share feel free to tweet or DM me @OrganicEats and I'll post them on my blog!


Xo


EGGS MORNAY



Ingredients:

6 eggs

2 tablespoonfuls of butter

2 tablespoonfuls of flour

1/2 pint of milk

1/2 teaspoonful of salt

1/2 teaspoonful of paprika

4 tablespoonfuls of grated Parmesan cheese


Instructions:

Rub the butter and flour together, add the milk, stir until boiling, add the salt and paprika, and if you have it, a teaspoonful of soy; pour half of this sauce in a shallow granite platter or baking dish. Poach the eggs, drain them carefully, and put them over the top of thesauce, cover with the remaining sauce, dust with Parmesan cheese and run in the oven a moment to brown.


To check out more recipes from this e-cookbook, please visit http://www.camphawk.com/recipes/eggs/bakersdozen2.html and send my courtesies to Victor Sampson for the heads up!


No comments:

Post a Comment