Sunday, August 1, 2010

Digital Nostalgia Pt. 1: Yummy Banana Bread

  1. 2:30 AM Update: Have been suddenly stricken with terrible stomache ache. Have decided to re-read my tweets over the entire almost year-long (eek!) run as @OrganicEats. Posted below is my delicious recipe I tweeted for a banana bread so good I am literally forced to make it for my family at least once a week... but don't trust me, try it yourself! I've decided to preserve it in tweet (140 character) form for the sake of sweet digital nostalgia. Enjoy mon amis....
    Xo
    My Yummy Banana Bread Recipe: 1. whisk 3/4c. unbleached flour, 1/4c. pastry flour, 1 tsp baking soda 1. tsp baking powder 1 tsp salt in bowl
    2. mash together 3 VERY RIPE bananas in a bowl 3. use electric mixer to combine 1 stick unsalted butter & 1c. maple syrup until well mixed
    4. beat in 2 eggs w/ butter/maple syrup mixture 5. add mashed bananas 6. add 1 tsp van. extract, 1/2c. mascarpone cheese, 1/4c. buttermilk
    7. add dry ingredient mixture SLOWLY until combined. 8. pour this into well buttered/greased loaf pans (prob enough for 2)
    8. bake in oven at 350 degrees for one hour ten minutes. 9. Let cool before slicing

No comments:

Post a Comment