Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Week Ahead - A Fruity Salad

Hola mis amigos! Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. Though mine was just under mediocre I have come out of it renewed, refreshed and ready for the week ahead! This coming weekend marks the birthdays of my three close friends, with parties Friday night and Saturday so to splurge I bought myself 2 brand new dresses... Thought it would be an appropriate time to roll out a week of SUPER healthy eating, lots of rest, tons of exercise and voila! Perhaps I shall look half decent come Friday... if it doesn't bother everyone too much I'd love to blog about the experience, starting on this Sunday night when I begin the five-day journey....

Here's what I'm thinking for breakfast:

A Fruity Salad

A nice, light fruit salad... good morning!

Ingredients
1 Grapefruit skinned and cut into wedges
1 Orange skinned and cut into wedges
1 Banana sliced
1 Kiwi sliced
1 date, finely chopped
1 tablespoon flax seeds
1 teaspoon orange juice (not from concentrate, let's get the real stuff here...)

Directions

1. Place Grapefruit, oranges, banana, kiwi in a nice bowl (it's your "presentation" bowl
2. Add dates, mix until combined through
3. Add orange juice until it coats all the fruit (if your orange is extra juicy this step is not necessary)
4. Sprinkle with flax seeds
5. FEEL GOOD ABOUT THE WAY YOU'RE STARTING YOUR DAY! :)

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment